"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

mercredi 16 juillet 2014

Ylikärppä

The day began wonderfully, saying good-bye to the quiet splendors of Oulu. After a boring series of cycling lanes following the main road to the East, I took a beautiful small road that led perfectly up north. A good road, in excellent repair, with very few cars and fun signposts on the way. I hoped to see reindeers but in terms of wildlife I only saw a cat playing with a dead mouse. Suddenly a storm came up and that was the moment my bike chose to have a puncture. I lost an hour among the mosquitoes, facing the return of the awry tire problem that I can't solve without a tool (feels bumpy and slows me down, grr) then took a road that led nowhere and had to go back. Fortunately the sun came back and restored happinness. In spite of lost time, bad tire and not so good weather forecast, I hope to be in Rovaniemi tomorrow.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire