"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

lundi 21 juillet 2014

Luleå

The day began with a visit to the dentist. I read Anna Karenine in the waiting room for two hours. The dentist recognized there was a problem, but was not sure exactly where it came from (probably that tooth that doesn't respond well and aches, but looks perfect), so if I could survive on painkillers until the cause became clearer that would be great. I can.
Then I took the E4, which is efficient but not great because it's a quasi-highway. I made long detours to avoid it, but sometimes there's no choice...
I like mailboxes.
And old houses.
At the end of the afternoon I found a wonderful lake to swim in.
The shadows became longer and longer.
The air is full of the sunny scent of pines and the slimy smell of lakes.

1 commentaire: