"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

lundi 28 juillet 2014

Gräsmyr

The morning was employed to solve the tire problem. Finding a 26 inches tire for a narrow rim was difficult, after two unsuccessful attemps in bike shops, the second of which was very spacious and owned by a very kind and helpful man, I found and mounted a new tire in Intersport.
I had planned to take a train. But the following conversation took place between me and my bicycle:

BICYCLE. So, is it for the purpose of taking a train that I have been equipped with a new tire?
ME. Well, but the wind is blowing the wrong way. And there's a storm coming.
B. It doesn't matter.
ME. You say that. And the E4?
B. We don't have to take it, there are ways around. Go to Gräsmyr and then Nordmaling...
ME. But that's a long detour.
B. I thought the point was to cycle.

So, the bicycle prevailed upon me and instead of taking a train, I headed westward to Gräsmyr, facing the wind. At some point I had the clear impression of riding right into the storm, which was very nice, given the heavy atmosphere. I was trying to understand why the name Gräsmyr sounded familiar. When I arrived there, a huge, HUGE storm began and I understood it reminded me of Grasmere, England (where I've never been). I took shelter, just at the right moment, under a sort of wide bus stop, and started to read. Now it's 8pm, I've read a lot and the sun is shining. I think I will carry on towards Nordmaling, the air has become pleasantly cool.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire