"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

mardi 29 juillet 2014

Norra Ulvön

Last night, I camped in the garden of Stina and her family. The garden featured, among other things, an overturned car, as can be seen in this evening picture. In the following morning picture, also with long shadows, Stina's beautiful horses can be seen in the distance.
In Nordmaling I had a proper Kalles Kaviar breakfast and, to celebrate the definitive victory over the toothache, some Kex Choklad (merci Nicole).
Then in Örnsköldsvik I wondered at some architectural creations, at the uncanny ski jump track, and at the big, strange-smelling factory.
I decided to take a boat to Norra Ulvön, a quiet island. The evening came, and the magnificent golden light fell on all things. When I reached the Northern end of the island at sunset and was offered some wine by the people living there, I understood that this place was, in fact, paradise. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire