"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

lundi 14 juillet 2014

Oulainen

The function, use and status of buildings are often very clear and sometimes incomprehensible. Today I stepped into a hardware shop convinced that it was a supermarket.  "Oh, but there's no food here?" "No, sorry. Only wood".

Hot and clammy weather, with corresponding mosquitoes, then big storm and heavy rain. In the evening, was asked inside by friendly house-owners that pitied my drenched-to-the-bone condition. They saw me look around, hesitate, leave, then cycled after me to invite me...

Will try to make it to Oulu tomorrow. With both counter and compass broken I only have the Sun to guide me in space and time, which seems to work fairly well.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire