"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

samedi 19 juillet 2014

North of Kemi

Staying near my favourite river, the Kemijoki, the longest in Finland. Today was perfect, including the nice refreshing rain.
This morning, said good-bye to Fabian from Switzerland, my camping-ground neighbour who travels with a big backpack, and good-bye to Rovaniemi in the sun...
Hesitated between going North, North forever, or heading towards Sweden. As the wind was blowing  westward I took the second option. Soon I found a lake that confirmed it was a good choice. Then began the most incredible festival of clouds ever seen. This made me extremely happy for several hours. I finally asked for a place to camp at Seija's place, made very lively by two young daughters, Minja and Minka. We had ice-cream and they decided to occupy my tent, since I occupied their garden. The day is about to close without a sunset but with a delicious heavily-buttered karjalan pirakka.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire