"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

samedi 26 juillet 2014

Umeå

The day began with much sun and much heat. At five in the morning, woken up by the heat, I moved my tent in the shade of the neighbouring camping-car, and slept until eight. I had a last swim in my favourite lake before setting off.
In Botsmark, about halfway to Umeå,  I reconstituted stocks of water, yoghurt, fruit and juice concentrates. It is still a bit difficult to chew hard things, so I gave up cereal bars and now thrive on semi-liquid substances, including fruit purees for babies. I have tried them all, the best are with mango.
It was so hot that the smell of heated tarmack eclipsed the scent of pines. My tires became more black from hot tar.
The road was ok, nicely hilly, but not as charming and varied as the Skellefteå - Burträsk road. And given the heat, lakes could have been more numerous. So, arriving in Umeå late in the afternoon, I immediately jumped into the river.
The camping was a bit far away and too luxurious, so I asked for some place in a garden (it was too late to leave the city) and was very lucky to be welcomed by Fredrik, Lisa and their three lovely children, Martin, Kelle and Ebba. Not to mention Musse the cat, who is a rag-doll cat, extremely peaceful and malleable. Ebba uses the bicycle shed as a chute, since a chute has been promised to the children but not yet built... Given Fredrik's building skills, this, and other things, should soon take shape.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire