"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

jeudi 17 juillet 2014

Niskanperä

The day began grey and wet. The smooth road I followed turned into a bumpy track, everything was slow. Suddenly a young reindeer showed up and we had a silent conversation. "Carry on, he said, you will find a tarmacked road in about two hours." And of course, it was right. I even found some of its siblings a few miles away. The animal on the signpost is not a reindeer, it's an elk, a much bigger animal.
Delighted by the kemijoki river, I decided to spend the night around. Near the river I met the Ollila family and played petanque with Pirkko and her grand-daughter Nella, who is 4 years old and has turned the wooden "keinu" (a wonderful built thing to be found in all sensible gardens) into a pirate boat, as the pink flag clearly indicates.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire