"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

mardi 15 juillet 2014

Oulu

The hosts I found providentially yesterday drove me and my bike to Oulu today. So, I had time to visit Oulu, admire its river, swim in the (rather shallow) sea, and of course visit the botanic garden. This garden cannot really be visited, because unless you walk at a very brisk pace you are instantly devoured by mosquitoes. Each picture taken meant at least three bites and a subsequent run. The bugs are probably less numerous in the tropical glasshouses (two pyramids which, I am told, are called Romeo and Juliet), but these are open only from 12 to 3pm.
I have accumulated enough food on my bike to survive three days in the Northern wilderness.

Sunset on the sea, 11.20pm.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire