"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

dimanche 13 juillet 2014

Evijärvi

When it's cloudy, the lakes appear as what they really are: dubious brownish mires in which no one would swim. Then you understand the mosquitoes. They're getting more and more numerous and aggressive. Not only mosquitoes, but weird, hostile, unknown noisy bugs that bite.
There are many houses with ladders.
And with half-ladders.
It was a nice and long day, and at 7.30pm I looked for a place to stay. Near a lake, I landed in the garden of a fairly isolated superb summer house. I said in broken Finnish: "Hello! Sorry. I am French. Ride a bicycle. Want spend night here, possible? Beautiful garden." The retired owners laughed a lot at this attempt to speak Finnish and said I could stay here and use the sauna, apologizing because the lake wasn't as deep as it should have been. I thought the sauna was just a bathroom, as it generally is, but it was a real sauna. It was so wonderful after cycling that decided, from now on, to stop only in summer houses with a sauna in working order. And at least five built items in the garden.

Now we are about to watch the world cup final.

I think the agony of the rear derailleur can be prolonged by cleaning it and oiling it all the time. This should last at least until Denmark.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire