"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

mardi 12 août 2014

Nävekvarn (south of Nyköping)

The day began with curtain-colored windows. Then a fine road that, despite the contrary wind, led me to Södertälje and, more importantly, Vagnhärad, where I had lunch in a lovely garden-restaurant. Then against the wind to Nyköping, where a storm broke. Here is Nyköping's harbour just a few seconds before the storm, and then, on the road, the sky magnificently recovering. The humid, cold air and changing sky, along with a more friendly wind, and a quiet, varied road, formed an exhilarating combination, and that part of the ride was very happy. In the end I made it to Nävekvarn, a pretty harbour, where I pitched my tent in spite of the intermittent rain.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire