"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

mercredi 13 août 2014

Linköping

The day began with birds recklessly perching on my tent.
I found a road that stuck to the sea, to Åby. Then Norrköping. Then a small and beautiful road around a lake. Some rain and some headwind but nothing terrible. At the end I crossed the famous and beautiful Göta kanal. Tomorrow I will make a detour to follow it for a while.
Thanks to Ian and Hilde, and their two young boys, for the wonderful dinner with carrots, beetroots, beans, tomatoes and onions, all from the garden (!), and for the spare room, in this uncertain weather.
On the whole, it's now ten degrees colder than one week ago, with chilly nights. Was I right to send warm things home in a parcel? Does South mean warm?
And another question, should I go to Copenhagen?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire