"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

lundi 4 août 2014

Älvkarleby (south of Gävle)

The day began foggy and damp. My clothes, that had been put to dry, were even damper than just after washing.
Then the sun showed up and nice things followed. As I was hungry and short of food, I stopped at a "cafe" by the road, which was supposed to be closed, but I was offered some kannelbulle and tea - just what I was craving.
Gävle has goats. It's a long story. It also has a park designed like the Bois de Boulogne, and a concert hall that looks like a swimming pool. And a forestry museum, but, alas, closed on Mondays...
After Gävle, my phone fell and the screen was badly damaged. The phone (which I'm now using) still works, more or less, but I was angry, and I had to find a beach and swim to become happy again.
At the camping ground I met Jenneke and Merel, 20 and 22 years old, from the Netherlands. They shared some wine and nice food with me, whereas I had only tube cheese and herring to share. But I contributed information on the High Coast and some astronomy. :-) I was extremely happy to find stone-skimming partners. Thanks!
As this sign shows, I am now in wallon territory. And iron ore. More on this tomorrow...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire