"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

vendredi 15 août 2014

Kaxholmen (North of Jönkoping)

The day began with dazzling golden wheat ears.
Then my bike proudly posed in front of cryptic runes from the 9th century (Rökstenen). The wind blew hard from the south and progress was slow, but steady. I had lunch in Ödeshög.
I saw a sign that sounded like "rum and coke" but meant "room and food".
In pretty Gränna stands a statue of Per Brahe the Younger, 17th century statesman who introduced a postal system in Finland.
All day along gigantic lake Vättern. Some substantial rain. With the wind and no sun it's rather chilly. The sunlight makes an uncanny temperature difference.
In the evening, a sunlit scene of silently grazing cows appeared to me as the epitome of bliss, perhaps because I was high on snus. I decided it was time to rest, and at about 8pm pitched my tent near a small, quiet lake.
Real nights are back, and with them familiar stars. I mourn eternal sunshine while thankfully welcoming the big dipper and its companions.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire