"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

samedi 13 septembre 2014

Paris!

Done!
From Riga to Paris, crossing the arctic circle.
About 4500 km cycling, 10 weeks, 9 countries (Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France), 3 different currencies, dozens of ways to say hello, countless kannebulle, and innumerable helpful people.
Many many thanks to those who helped me, the Warmshowers hosts and the others, those who let me camp in their garden, those who invited me in, those who fed me, showed me the way, or encouraged me in many different ways.
Thanks also to all who patiently read this humble blog.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire