"On disoit à Socrates que quelqu'un ne s'estoit aucunement amendé en son voyage: Je croy bien, dit-il, il s'estoit emporté avecques soy."
Montaigne, Essais, I, 39: "De la solitude"

"Oh there is blessing in this gentle breeze"
William Wordsworth, The Prelude, I, 1

vendredi 5 septembre 2014

Deventer

Two days ago, I suddenly found myself in possession of a "Guide Michelin" about the Netherlands. My bike warned me not to open it: it knew I was going to sell my cycling soul to the Culture devil. When I realized there were several three-starred things around, I had no choice but to take a train to Deventer (halfway to my destination) to allow for detours and visits.

Deventer is another charming Hanseatic town which feels very animated, but in no way rushed.

- Penninckhuis, ornate facade, with a Charity statue that looks uncharitable
- Bussink's Koekwinkel, three samples of honey cake (Deventer's pride)
- De Drie Haringen (the three herrings)
- coloured umbrellas
- coloured shutters
- Waag (1528)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire